Laptop LCD is dim

Status
Not open for further replies.

wforehand

Beta member
I have just repalced both the LCD and the inverter on an HP Pavilion dv2000 laptop. The original LCD got cracked when a user packed the laptop in his checked baggage at the airport. I installed a new LCD and a new inverter but the LCD remains dim. I have tried adjusting any possible BIOS settings, video card settings and repeatedly hit FN + F8. No change. If I hook up the laptop to an external monitor everything looks great but the LCD remains dim. Anybody got any ideas? I am at a loss.

Is the laptops LCD display dim when using battery power and AC? Also I know on my laptop I have a dimmer switch when I press the Fn key and the up or down arrow key. I know that sounds like a very basic step but sometimes basics are overlooked.

Have you considered it might be a power management issue? Vista has a few bugs in power management ie not switching from battery to wall plug settings properly.

Hello,

Ensure that you have plugged everything up properly. Other than that, there's nothing else I can think of, apart from the possibility of the new display or inverter being faulty, and lastly, a motherboard fault.

When testing the LCD backlight, adjust it with the keyboard's function keys before the OS loads (that is, outside of the OS, during the POST sequence or in the BIOS) to be sure that something in the OS (e.g. Power Management settings) is not the cause of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom