Laptop Keyboard Transplant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trekkie00

In Runtime
I have an ancient laptop - its backlight is starting to go bad, and it's too slow to really do anything useful on, but I really like the keyboard on it. It's an old IBM PS/note (circa 1994 with a blazing uber-fast 386SL processor, 1245K of RAM (655360 available in DOS :)), and an 85mb HDD running DOS 5 / Windows 3.10!) so, besides running old games there isn't any good use for it.

Any way to fix up a connection between the keyboard and a desktop computer? There's a PS/2 style connector in the back for keyboard and mouse, so I'd assume it uses that standard, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: Side note, also - I have an old Compaq laptop that seems like it would run, but I got it without a power adaptor (says 24 volt input). I have an old PSU - any way I could hook that up? The battery is 14.4v if that's any help.

Any way to fix up a connection between the keyboard and a desktop computer? There's a PS/2 style connector in the back for keyboard and mouse, so I'd assume it uses that standard, but I'm not sure.

No. There is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom