Laptop keeps shutting off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiahou

In Runtime
Hi,

my laptop (sony vaio VGN-NR21Z) keeps shutting off. It happens while the battery is plugged in and when it is not. It turns off when it is moved - either when i moved the whole thing or just the screen, i'm not sure, but it might be when i move the screen (back/forward). It only happens sometimes though, not every time, but still annoying. Basically, i will move it, and the screen will go black, lights off instantly. The only way to turn it back on again is to take out the battery for a few seconds and put it back in (at least I think so anyway, every time I try to turn it back on straight after/or a few seconds after it doesn't go).

By the way, i've only had it for about 6 months.

any help is appreciated
thanks

how far does your screen move backwards before it shuts off? It could be a wire problem.Dont pull your battery out. It could damage it more. try to open it up and rewire it or go to a proffesional

Is it still in warranty?

As suggested, it's likely either an overheating problem or a short circuit somewhere in your laptop.

i bought it from an online shop so it should have a 1 year warranty, is it just a wire problem then?

It could be, but it could not be, but opening it up to see would probably void the warranty. I would return it, taking the chance of fixing it isn't worth it IMO.

Hello,

How long ago did you buy it from the online shop?

Check the returns policy of the online shop. Usually, if the laptop is within the period of their returns policy for fault items, then you can get them to exchange it for a new one. Otherwise, if your laptop is outside of their returns policy for fault goods, then you'll have to get it sent to the manufacturer for repair (either for free under the manufacturer warranty agreement if it is still active, or outside of the warranty agreement at a servicing cost).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom