Laptop keeps rebooting, monitor not coming on.
I've already started looking for a replacement but I'd like to make a run at repairing this laptop. It has served its purpose well. The laptop is a Acer 7520 and it has windows 7 64 bit on it.
After a reboot, the laptop will power on, lights come on, fan spins, no monitor, and then a few moments later it reboots. This just keeps happening. No load up screen because the monitor is not coming on. If I have it plugged up to the power and with the battery inside. I have to unplug it and remove the battery to stop the loop.
What I have tried:
1. I have removed the battery and tried to boot it with just the power cord.
2. I have tried to boot up holding down Function and ESC with no luck.
3. I have tried putting in a windows 7 Ultimate disc in the drive but it does nothing. (Keep in mind, I only windows 7 pro installed. I need to find the right disc)
4. I hooked up an external dvd drive and put in the same windows disc with no luck.
5. I hooked up an external dvd drive and held down Function and ESC and it seems like it tries to load but still no monitor and it crashes.
I think that's all I have tried.
What support said:
When I called Acer, they told me it was out of warranty. No shock there, the laptop is almost three years old. They told me I could pay $129.99 to get it resolved over the phone. I'm pretty software tech talented so I backed down.
So anyone with ideas? I'm about up for anything although hardware is my weak point when it comes to opening up the machine. Can this be resolved or is it done?
Lucky for me, I have a few laptops around my home, including the girlfriend, and my daughter. So I'm ready to buy another one, but I was planning that in October for my birthday. Ha good excuse right?