I bought a laptop about two years ago now, for $400 (I am 14, I have limited money, so cut me some slack) It was running fine for the first year until last year when suddenly it died. Died as in, the laptop monitor's pixels don't even turn on or register, and you can hear the modem going in the bottom for a few seconds before it fades away. Then the computer turns off, and attempts to restart.
I thought the problem could be that I overheated it. Taking my Xbox 360 red-ring of death skills, I wrapped a towel around it and left it on for about ten minutes. No luck, I took a heater to the bottom of the computer, perhaps figuring it was a similar issue and the constant heat and cooling had expanded and then contracted the components on the inside so they had bad contacts.
What do you know? It started working.
It's been working on and off for the past year now, and last week it finally gave up, and resumed the symptons above. I tried the heater, blow drier (Dryer?) and opened up the back to attempt to revive it. No such luck.
Any advice on what the issue could be? Just keep on what I am doing? Or remove RAM, or perhaps some other parts of the computer to see what the faulty connection to the Motherboard is?