Laptop Issues

troub1edsou1

Solid State Member
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong area.
I bought a laptop about a month ago. It's a Lenovo Yoga 710 w/ Windows 10.
When it arrived I did the typical setup, but not shortly after I got a blue screen that said there was an error and it would have to restart and had an error message saying. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. This happens every time I turn the laptop on. It get to the home screen then within a few moments the blue screen and message. The laptop never actually restarts. It goes to a blank screen and then I have to power it off then back on. Once I do this, it's good to go. However I understand there is an issue and I'm guessing could possibly destroy the laptop. I don't much about "fixing" computers, so i'm hoping someone can help me..

Go to file explorer, and navigate to:
C:\Windows\Minidump

See if there are any files under there - if there are, copy them to your desktop, zip them up, and attach them in a post and we can analyze them to see what's causing the BSOD's.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is usually an issue of a faulty driver.

Those are just shortcuts to the files.

You'll need to actually copy & paste the files, not just make shortcuts to them.

Do you have Kaspersky installed?

The faulting driver on 090316 is "kneps.sys" - which is a Kaspersky file.

If so, I suggest running the Kaspersky Removal Tool: Removal tool

Run that and see if you still receive BSOD's. So that you're not unprotected, I suggest installing Avira or Avast in place of Kaspersky - both are free AV's that are great.

I believe that was it. Normally I would have seen the BSOD by now after restarting and everything seems good. Thank you so much..I appreciate the help.

Don't really need to - the free version should be sufficient.

Good to hear removing Kaspersky fixed it. Not the first time I've seen it cause issues.

Back
Top Bottom