laptop help merge combine drives?

vangxbg

Solid State Member
Hey so I just bought the msi gt70 ond, that came with 128 ssd and 720 hdd. When the laptop came the ssd was partition as the c drive with the operating system installed in there while the hdd was the d drive.

Is there anyway to comebine the drives so I only see one virtual drive and so everything will just be installed on the c drive? (All 1 tb on c drive) Im worried I will run out of space in the c drive with program installation.

Or should I just install everything on the d drive including all software such as firefox, adobe, office, etc. and leave the c drive alone. Thanks, greatly appreciated

Or should I just install everything on the d drive including all software such as firefox, adobe, office, etc. and leave the c drive alone. Thanks, greatly appreciated

This would be the best solution.

You can just install all your large programs / games on the large drive, and install the programs you would like to load up fast on the SSD.

yes i guess that does make sense since one is ssd and the other is hdd. Sometimes some apps don't really ask to be installed on the d drive though it just automatically installs it on the c drive in program files(x86). is there a way around that? maybe i have to do custom install or something.

Back
Top Bottom