Laptop help - $2500budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Within the next year i will be starting BSc degree in Computer Games Design, the course involves not only programming but using applications such as 3ds max, learning upcoming technologies such as Ray-tracing as well of course as 3d game programming. The university does have an entire suite of high performance PC's (The majority of which being 2008 Alienware ALX machines) to use, but of course i can't take these back into a dormitory when i'm a student.

I have been wanting a laptop for quite some time, so i figured i may as well get myself a laptop to use now whilst also being powerful enough to be of benefit in my course in the next year or so.

I however, have no real knowledge about laptops. I don't know the good brands, i don't know the specifics of any models, not sure about all the mobile revisions of the hardware etc (I'm just assuming the class system works the same, such as GTX280m being fast ?). So i am asking for some recommendations of laptops/notebooks for <=£1600. Of course the more powerful the better, but i also highly value battery life - although i'm fully aware it won't be great with a high performance lappy. Build quality, and a good screen. I only want a 15inch screen, 17inch would be to big for me. I don't care about inbuilt webcams or any of that malarkey - although a fingerprint reader is always a bonus i guess.

So if anyone has any general help or suggestions that'd be stellar :D

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom