Laptop Heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therow

Baseband Member
So i downloaded Real Temp. It says that by my running fire fox, i am at a 67-ish % load, and at a temperature of 80c Without the cooling pad, it gets up to around 90c.

I'm running a -
intel core 2 duo t5550

Any ideas as to why its so hot and why i'm at such a high load?
Thanks!

Try cleaning out the side ducts on your case with compressed air. Try running in msconfig, and see what unneeded programs are running on startup. FF is a resource hog, but it should not cause this. Check for spyware, using Malwarebytes. Also get CCleaner and run the disk as well as registry cleaner.

if when running msconfig ( Start/run/msconfig/startup) you are not sure if the process is malicious or not, google is your best friend. Research every process and read a bit about it. You will soon be able to easily spot any 'intruders'. - If all fails, a clean format is a sure way of getting rid of spyware/mallware -

Try to find a guide on how to disassemble your machine, and check how to clean the fan. I do that on regular basis.

Good luck

99% of the time on msconfig, if you do not know what the process is, and its directory is in a file folder you never heard of, it is most likely not needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom