Laptop is having trouble streaming some videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanL

Beta member
It's my first post guys,so I prematurely apologize if this is in the wrong section.Basically,a couple of days (maybe a week) ago,my laptop started slowing down in the internet department.Youtube videos that used to be watchable without even pausing are now having to buffer every few seconds.Other web pages are having slow load times for content as well.This happened,believe it or not,after I cleared my hard disk of lots of content.That appears to be the opposite of Logic.Surely by creating my more space,my laptop and internet would work faster but it has done the exact opposite.I cleared off a few trojans a while back and yet the problems remain.Any advice/help?
Edit:Before any one asks,yes I have performed a defragmentation.And reset my router.

Agreed, spyware or your ISP has slowed your bandwidth.

Ensure you have no virus's or spyware eating up bandwidth. Once that is complete go through and test your internet speed - google speakeasy speed test. Then see what your real bandwidth is.

Surely by creating my more space,my laptop and internet would work faster but it has done the exact opposite.

Why would you think that? You may have deleted a cache of some kind and so it would be slower... not saying that is what happened, because I don't know but it is certainly a possibility.

Also I'm not saying that you shouldn't clear these sorts of things down occasionally because they do need it sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom