Laptop Graphics Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiller.

In Runtime
I have an Acer Laptop, and I play a few games on it and the speed is a bit on the slow side. The graphics are good, but the game play is slow. It has a Mobile Intel GMA X3100 gfx card...I was just wondering if there was any alternate ways other than the in-game detail settings of decreasing it's performance, so it would run games faster.

And I do have the up-to-date driver for the card.

Thank you.

It's still the same whether it's on low, medium, or high. Isn't there a way to lower it's performance externally from in-game? So it could possibly speed the game play up?

Sadly not, integrated isn't designed for gaming, older games will be fine but anything new or from the last 1 or 2 years is a no go.

The only real option you have is to kill off every process. I mean every process. That will give you all the resources available to the game.

Other than that they are right. There is nothing more you can do other than seeing if you laptop can be upgraded.

The game that I am running that is slow is from 2003 lol :(

Ok, and is there a program I can use that will eliminate all running processes?

And as far as upgrading my laptop, is that something I could do myself? Or..

Thanks.

upgrades on a laptop are normally limited to RAM and hard drive everything else is either hard to do or not possable.

Ctrl - Alt - Delete an kill off everything you can see that isn't a system process for a more perminat solution user cccleaner or regedit.

Is there a free version of RegistryFix or something like it?

I just ran it, and it says I have 913 problems (lol) And the trial version can only fix 45 of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom