Laptop Graphics cards..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skoczylas

Beta member
I'm looking to upgrade my Laptop's video card for some newer games coming out. Here are my laptop specs right now

Model: Dell Inspiron 6400 (15.4 Inch)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0 GHz
RAM: 1GB
Video Card: ATI X1400

--

So far I've been looking at getting the GeForce 8700m card. Although are there any other cards that are better? I'm not sure of a budget yet.. I'll be upgrading my RAm to 2 GBs as soon as possible.

Any Pros and Cons with having DirectX10 ?

Thanks

you can't upgrade just the GPU, you need to replace the entire mainboard or buy a new one if you want that GPU changed...

ok.. well then just for talking sakes.. what are some good graphics cards for laptops? and what are the pros and cons of a DX10 card ?

just DX10 support and some eye candy

the best are....

go7950gtx
Geforce 8700M GT
NVIDIA 8600M GT

Seems like a lot of people jump to conclusions here (probably because 99.9% of laptops out there have un-upgradable graphics).

Yes, you can upgrade the graphics card in an Inspiron 6400 as long as you already have a dedicated card.

And Dell actually shows you how:

Documentation

Taking apart your laptop will not void your warranty, but if you damage anything in the process, don't go running to Dell.

The next question you should ask: Are there any higher video cards than the X1400 available for the E1505/6400?

ok,, another thing is, I won't be doing this myself.. I'll probably just go to the store, get the card and get them to install it (hopfully free).

Seems like a lot of people jump to conclusions here (probably because 99.9% of laptops out there have un-upgradable graphics).

Yes, you can upgrade the graphics card in an Inspiron 6400 as long as you already have a dedicated card.

And Dell actually shows you how:

Documentation

Taking apart your laptop will not void your warranty, but if you damage anything in the process, don't go running to Dell.

The next question you should ask: Are there any higher video cards than the X1400 available for the E1505/6400?

Once again, I don't think the graphics card is user-upgradeable. Prove me wrong by finding a better graphics card taht works on his laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom