laptop for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainmambo

Solid State Member
hey there, was wondering if anyone could help me out...
I want to purchase a new laptop specifically for gaming, I only have around £400 to spend and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction!.

I saw this one...nt sure if its any good... it has an Intel Pentium Dual-Core processor T4300
(2.1Ghz, 800Mhz, 1MB Cache)
Genuine Windows(R) 7 Home Premium
4GB Memory
320GB Hard drive

Thanks in advance

Paul

to be honest i think your going to need to spend more than £400 to get a laptop capable of gaming. i use a laptop for gaming myself and wish i'd have spent the £600 on a desktop instead. even with my spec which is decent (intel dual core2 t5800, 3gb mem, dedicated nvidia 9500 512meg gpu , 320gig hdd) it struggles with the newer games. even most games a year old need to be played with all graphics set to low.

if you want to play the newest games then your really going to need to up yor budget. or ofc buy a desktop. heating seems to be an issue when useing a laptop for gameing as well.

obv this all depends on the games you intend to play.

A laptop at that price will not be good at running games. You are either going to need to drop a lot more money to game on a laptop or just purchase a desktop.

If this is just for gaming you'd be WAY better off just purchasing / building a desktop - laptops in general suck at gaming because of the heat, graphic requirements, screen size etc.

Laptops dont suck at gaming, you just need to get the right one.

Look at the ASUS G series, i got mine for $1050 last march and to this day it still runs games maxed out with beautiful settings. Its running the GTX 260M which is equal to a desktop 9800GTX.

Temps wise, my GPU core never goes past 80C. The cooling system is very effective at removing heat. Yes desktops are better at cheaper to build, but you cant lug around a 50 pound desktop in a backpack.

A 7pound laptop you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom