laptop for friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
My friend wants a laptop that for searching the internet and talking on AOL.

Anyway what are the specs I should go by?

Will a celeron do that? He said it has to move fast so i was thinking a P4 or dual core. He only has $1-200.00 to spend. I was looking on ebay for a laptop that needs repair and found a few, but I need to know what spes I need for AOL and surfing the internet.

He also said he doesn't want slow loading. He hates having to wait a long time to boot up, send a message in AOL, ect. Please either give me a link for specs or tell me what specs to go for.

I am trying to help him out by getting a used broken laptop and fixing it. Please tell me the specs I should go by.

He don't know anything about computers. He knows that I won't sell him a piece of crap for a lot of money though. He said he would pay $4-500.00 for a laptop, but he just got a brand new vehicle so he has to pay that off, pay for gas, pay for insurance and all that good stuff.

For $100 - $200, I would imagine your friend is just going to have to bite the bullet, and cope with slow windows loading times. He does understand that he is getting what he is paying for, right?

As far as surfing the internet and chatting on AIM/AOL, there are literally no minimum requirements... I have a Pentium 100 with 72 Megs of ram, that is MORE than sufficient to do both of those things.

You could have him join Blingo and get $130.00 like you did..... that would increase the budget a bit. ;)

i was thinking that but it wouldnt even be worth it... tell him to get 300 more dollars and he can get a nice 500 buck rig that he can play solitare and css on if he wants....

500 shipping and tax and not counting rebates

like what specs? It has to be a laptop though. He needs mobility and desktops arn't very mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom