Laptop EXTREMELY HOT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

__Camouflage__

Daemon Poster
My laptop is running at 77degress celsius (170Degrees ferinheight). What can I do to change this? I have a window fan that I have been using when I watch videos. Once it gets pretty hot, IE7 uses 100% CPU. I have a Intel Celeron M 1.70Ghz, not sure what motherboard. It's an Everex StepNote NW3900. I plan on buying a laptop fan cooler (Thing the laptop sits on).

I have taken apart and cleaned it with some air cleaner. I do it about once every 2 months. Are there any products I can use to make air flow better?

Buy one of those fan stands that you can put under your laptop. What I do is that I just create 4 standoffs to raise my laptop above the desk. That way the laptop actually has room to release the hot air. But laptops usually will run a hotter than desktops as everything is compacted into a tiny case.

cooling is a major problem with laptops, as was said you can get a fan stand to assist in cooling.

Hello,

You could try re-applying good thermal interface material such as Arctic Cooling MX-1 or Arctic Silver 5 between the heatsink and processor.

Also remember that each time you remove the heatsink from the CPU (or any other heatsink from any die interface) that you clean the thermal interface material before properly re-applying a new layer.

My friend had one similar to that. His laptop would shut down because it gets so hot. I personally would just buy the equipment from a hardware store and build one myself.

It seems most of us have heat problems- so whats the best solution- esp to persons who can't afford to buy the cooler and what will happen to your laptop over time if the heat problem is not dealt with?

My laptop is running at 77degress celsius (170Degrees ferinheight). What can I do to change this? I have a window fan that I have been using when I watch videos. Once it gets pretty hot, IE7 uses 100% CPU. I have a Intel Celeron M 1.70Ghz, not sure what motherboard. It's an Everex StepNote NW3900. I plan on buying a laptop fan cooler (Thing the laptop sits on).

Don't use ie7 if it's using up that much of your cpu. Keep the bottom of the laptop clear at all times.
IMO, I think you just got a bad laptop. If it's under warranty, contact the manufacturer.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom