Laptop does not start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaos13

Baseband Member
When you press the power button it sounds like its going to boot then shuts down. What do you guys think could be the problem?

Power issue, was it doing anything funny before it started doing this?

Could just be the power cord itself which is generally easy and cheap to replace. It would be bad if it were the internal power supply because that can get more difficult. Might also be a cooling problem. The CPU gets too hot riht away and shuts off to save itself.

I doubt it would be a cooling

How difficult would the internal power supply be to replace?

you'd have to replace the dc jack which i belive in most cases is soddered on so you would have to buy a new one which is only like 20-30 bucks and sodder it on. if thats the case. if you're thinking about buying it just ask if you can check it out and give it a full diag cause it might be that the dc jack is messed up and thats easy enough to test. just take a multimeter and check the dc jack and also check the mobo cause it could be the mobo as well. then you don't want to buy the laptop.

It wouldn't just shut off if there was no memory installed. At least I've never seen a laptop that did so and I've dealt with quite a few. It would normally give a BIOS error beep or sit there silently but still running. I'm betting it's the power issue here. I'm no expert at doing the job Peter.Cort was talking about, though. I've done it a few times and it's definitely doable but it's been about a year and a half since I've done one.

you'd have to replace the dc jack which i belive in most cases is soddered on so you would have to buy a new one which is only like 20-30 bucks and sodder it on. if thats the case. if you're thinking about buying it just ask if you can check it out and give it a full diag cause it might be that the dc jack is messed up and thats easy enough to test. just take a multimeter and check the dc jack and also check the mobo cause it could be the mobo as well. then you don't want to buy the laptop.

Will Do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom