Laptop display problems
Hi, hoping someone can help me out with this one.
Purchased a new Toshiba Satellite C850 05D001 about a month ago. Only recently started noticing with every image or video playback I am getting blotchy pixelated squares (especially in dark areas). Overall the transition from one colour to another is really obvious and doesn't blend in very well.
Intel® Core™ i5 processor 3210M (2.5 GHz - 3.1 GHz)Windows 8 (64bit)15.6" Widescreen HD LED Backlit Display (1366 x 768)1TB (5400 rpm) SATA StorageDVD SuperMulti Double/Dual Layer
Here is where I am at so far
1. The resolution is correct and in relation to graphics card.
2. I have downloaded the latest drivers.
3. I have tried video playback in nearly every program under the sun . From VLC to windows I am getting the same problem.
4. I recognized that playing low res files on a high res screen might cause this so I tried blu ray quality files and high res photos, the blotchy squares were still evident.
5. I have tried using a vga cable to a TV Monitor. The TV monitor does not display this problem. Its crystal clear.
6. I have tested the same images and video files on a relatives laptop which is 6 years older and saw no problems.
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.