Laptop Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yek

T.F's Resident Cool Guy...
Hi, my laptop, Dell latitude d610 is getting on a bit now to say the least, and a recent problem has emerged, when i move it about eg place it on a hard surface, table etc it deciedes it wants to freeze, nothing works, no usb connection sound nothing, just the screen freezes where it is, iv tried everything even connecting the screen up to a crt device to check if its the lcd crashing, no luck, not even the power off button wont work and i end up taking out the battery. I assume its the age and how much i use it but if you have any suggestions other than "Get a new one" i would be greatful :>

Well it has been my experience that dells are put together pretty awfully. If you know how, or can find a guide, go ahead and open up the computer. Be careful to remember where ALL parts go, and even sort them or tag them. Take everything apart that you can and put it back together as tightly as possible.

The problem could be that there is a loose connection triggered by a hard surface. If this doesn't fix the problem, it is probably a mobo issue.

Thanks, i thought it may be a loose connection, or something shorting out, i wont be taking it apart just yet as its my primary pc ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom