Laptop Cord Help
Let me start by explaining a few things first. First off, I have this old Lenovo laptop, which doesn't have a usable hard drive in it (It was formatted for Apple computers.. its a long story...)
I have an Ubuntu (Linux build) flash drive, so I wanted to be able to use my old Lenovo with it... BUT my cat chewed up part of the charger, it is on the adapter part (the cord attached to the adapter) (Output 20V).
The cord still functions, but part of the wiring is exposed.. I put some electrical tape on the exposed part, but I feel nervous about using it, as when I plug it in, the charger makes a sparking noise a couple times...
My question is, Is it safe to use this cord??? Or is it a fire hazard???