Laptop Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smack

Baseband Member
So I've got a Belkin Laptop cooler stand for my 15.6" laptop. However it's broken some how and stopped working. Frankly, I'm not inclined to get it fixed via warranty, as it wasn't a particularly good fan. The base of it get breaking and dropping down if it wasn't held at a specific height setting, and the fan wasn't as high powered as I'd have liked to keep it cool.

Ergo, I'm here to get a fan recommendation from anyone. UK based, so anything from Amazon.co.uk / eBuyer / Aria PC etc etc. Price really isn't an issue. I just want something to keep this baby cool, so I can run dual EVE instances.

Note: I've already ordered a can of air to spray my insides clean anyway, but a fan will still be needed.

how effective are these coolers? my brother has a HP laptop and it always overheats, he can only play minecraft for about half an hour before it overheats.

It depends on so many variables. Dust is the #1 cause of heat in a laptop. Air ducts must be kept open for ultimate cooling.

All these pads do is keep it elevated, so that hot air can rise through the vents. The fans are dissipating the heat from underneath. There,fore, forcing air out.

And if you are overheating after playing MC for 30 mins, you need to turn down settings that your brother's laptop can handle. Also, HP laptops are not made for gaming.

I know HP laptops arebt meant for gaming but unfortunately it is all he has until Christmas, turning down the settings will be hard as the are already as low as they can be. Lol.

I quite like that Cooler Master one. I'll see about finding it on a UK site.

I also do need to get the dust out of this. I tried yesterday, but didn't have much look taking the back off. :/

I've already ordered a can to spray it with. I'll probably just take it in anyway now. When I was unscrewing stuff to trake the back of, I disconnected my CD drive somehow, and now it makes a terrible sound when I was putting music onto my sisters iPod. :/ So I'll get my local computer shot to spray it with their air machine to clean it out.

Alongside that, I apparently need a new battery. I've had mine used while charging for so long, that it's completely ruined my battery. Only works @ 35% capacity apparently. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom