Laptop compare help

Status
Not open for further replies.

poashap

Beta member
Hi I have recently bought a laptop but my friend is looking to sell his old one. I know the graphics card is better and I can get more ram for it but is the processor and the laptop worth getting over my dell? I do video editing, 3d modelling and games.

The Dell I have at the moment
Inspiron 1564
intel core i3 m330 2.13gz (4cpus) 2.1ghz
6144mb ram
Intel HD graphics 1366x768

and the Hp my friend is selling
HP pavilion hdx9200 notebook
intel core 2 duo cpu t9300 @2.50ghz 2 cup - 15.2
4096mb ram (can upgrade)
Nvidia Geforce 880m gts

Thanks everyone

Does the Dell have Intel HD 3000?

That i3 is better than the C2D. That i3 has 2 cores. Don't let the Ghz fool you. The i3 is new technology. Better clocks.

The Dell has a newer, faster processor, and more RAM. And assuming it has HD 2000 graphics, you won't be doing much gaming on it. Then again, you won't be doing gaming on either of them :confused:

The Dell has a newer, faster processor, and more RAM. And assuming it has HD 2000 graphics, you won't be doing much gaming on it. Then again, you won't be doing gaming on either of them :confused:

Thanks guys, On DXDIAG it jsut says intel HD graphics thats it. I was just running some different games to see how they run, and it is pretty bad. If I upgraded the HP to 8gb, surely it was be ok as its got a decent graphics card?

Or am I wasting my time and I should just keep this laptop as I wont see any difference?

Thanks guys, On DXDIAG it jsut says intel HD graphics thats it. I was just running some different games to see how they run, and it is pretty bad. If I upgraded the HP to 8gb, surely it was be ok as its got a decent graphics card?

Or am I wasting my time and I should just keep this laptop as I wont see any difference?

The extra RAM won't be of any help for gaming. And that GPU won't handle modern games very well, if at all. You're better off with the Dell, since it has a newer CPU in it. And MoM, the processor in the Dell is a 1st gen Core, and only has GMA in it, not HD 2/3000.

Oh, I get those first gen i3s mixed up with the 2nd gen...

But, still, as TJ said, your Dell is better, even with the Intel graphics.

If you want use to games and video, 3D then you need a graphic card (min 1GB). I think more RAM (6GB) don't need for your use.
This CPU Core i3 is OK. but The HP's your friend better than your Dell for surpose game, graphic because the HP have a graphic card support for process graphic.

I have to digress. The i3 has it's video card inside the CPU. So it's not as crappy as the previous "integrated" video cards.

Read tj's comment above. He is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom