Laptop charger is retarded

Status
Not open for further replies.

LolTechTutorials

Baseband Member
My laptop charger only works if it is in a certain position. It is not the cable itself, it's the actual laptop. I have gotten a second cable but that wasn't the problem. I was wondering if there's a way to fix this. I have a Toshiba Satellite L645. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. It would be best if I was not required to take my laptop apart. Thank you.

Certain position, what you mean by that? The plug side that goes into the laptop?

Sounds like your PSU inside your laptop is getting loose. A sodering job can do it. Is your Toshiba still under warranty?

What I mean is that when you plug it in, it needs to be held in a specific place. It does not work if placed on a table. It is under warranty. I've tried calling them but they say it's user-inflicted. If I poke the part that you plug the charger into the laptop, it moves around, so the actual port is loose.

So it is the end where it goes into the laptop. I had this happen before with older systems that the connection becomes loose.

Take some electric tape. wrap it around the silver outing of the plug a few times. That should snug it in there better. Let me know if it works.

BTW, that is not user-infected. That is ware and tare. Wish I can kick their butt right now..

You just could try it, you know.

Then I'm afraid youre out of luck unless you open it. You most likely have to open it and replace that PSU connector.

Really, the best, easiest way is to request an RMA. I don't know why they said what they did. I'm not sure what you need, I don't mod.

Return Merchandise Authorization

It means, you request to send the product to their warehouse. You have to pay shipping to them only, though. Upon your specifications, they will fix it. I did this RMA to several companies. I never once talked to their tech support. Cause I'm sure I know more than them. I always got back working parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom