Laptop Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
A higher wattage with the correct voltage should work just fine. One of my Dell's uses a 150 watt supply and I plugged in a 130 watt supply into it. When I powered it up the boot screen warned me that I was using a 130 watt supply. It then proceeded to boot running the CPU at half speed.

Is it possible for anyone to do us a huge favour and find the charger on a website? I personally buy many computer componants online and am completely surprised that i can't find a single charger compatible with the laptop.

The laptop is a Compaq Presario F500. The current (broken) charger is 65 watts. It needs to be suitable for the UK, since that's where we live!

Thanks in advance for any help.

The website was a bit iffy. We clicked to buy the product and entered info (not bank details) and when we clicked proceed the whole form reset and the same page reloaded so we didnt trust the site.

I wouldn't trust the site either. Sorry I can't help since I'm from the U.S.

Maybe you'll have luck at this place. I don't like the price though. It could be that it's a genuine replacement.

Power Supply for Compaq Presario F500 laptop

I recommend that you use about 2-3 inches of heat shrink tubing on both ends of the adapters cable. This will reduce the flexibility of the areas which tend to get damaged the most. Then new adapter will most likely outlast the laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom