laptop battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

gat1994

Beta member
hello
i have an inspiron 1525 running vista, i have installed cpuid hwmonitor in order to monitor the laptop temperature, but the last 2 week i realised a small decrease in battery's life and about a week ago i got a message from windows saying that the battery can recharge but it is starting to die.

In cpuid hwmonitor i saw the following measurements:

designed capacity: 41070 mWh
full charge capacity:19080 mWh

after searching the internet i found a possible solution that said that the i could get the liquids inside the battery hold current by fully charging and discharging battery for three times (battery calibration)
but after every single full discharge i noticed a small decrease in full charge capacity and now, after 3 days it shows that the full charge capacity is: 14608 mWh.

Can anyone please tell me what i should i do? is there a way i can fix the battery ?

thank you in advance
gat1994

How long have you had it? Battery rechargeable life does decrease after awhile. I had a similar thing happen with my Dell Vostro 1500. It is about 3 years old, and the battery quit working. I got a new one off eBay for ~$25. Dell wanted ~$100. It works great now.

If you can buy it online, I wholly recommend this seller:

Battery for DELL Inspiron 1525 1526 GW240 RU586 RN873 - eBay (item 360300768960 end time Oct-14-10 14:56:09 PDT)
(your model)

I have bought from them twice now. Excellent service, plus a 3 year warranty on all batteries.

I think after 1.5 years it starts to show some decrease in battery life
My brother's Dell Vostro 1510 laptop's battery ( which came with the laptop 3 years ago ) now runs for like 20 mins max and It ran a whole lot like that before.
So yeah age affects stuff.

Yes, the outside could easily show bare wires, which isn't good.

But, the brick is build for durability. To really diagnosis it, you would need to open that up.

This is the battery that is degrading, nothing to do with the charger. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom