laptop batery

fireintheit

Solid State Member
My laptop battery keeps saying that I need to replace the battery. But If the charger is plugged in nothing goes wrong. Should I get a new battery?

I guess it depends on if you want to take it out somewhere without having to keep it plugged in it all times.

Does the laptop shut off when you unplug it from the wall? If it does and you want take it around, there's your answer...;)

Does the laptop shut off when you unplug it from the wall? If it does and you want take it around, there's your answer...;)

This.

Kind of defeats the purpose of having a laptop if the battery is bad and doesn't hold a charge.

That's a messed up battery if it's draining while you're supposedly charging it.
Only thing you can do is replace it.

Or the AC adapter / charger plug is bad.

If the AC adapter isn't putting out enough power, the battery will drain while you're using it.

What's the voltage/wattage/amperage of the adapter? If you have one, you can test the outputs of the adapter with a multimeter.

What is the problem with my laptop battery?

My laptop battery is broken so i have to plug my adapter in to work on my laptop otherwise it shuts down. If while using the adapter pin comes out of laptop or some how the power supply is cut, the laptop won't charge again till i restart my system.

Back
Top Bottom