Which Laptop???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sms1295

Beta member
I'm looking at purchasing either a Alienware M17x R3, XPS 17 or ASUS G73SW-A1. I've been able to find basically the same configuration for each and close in price. I'm wondering about items you can't see or know about from the specs like the following:

Heating issues
Bad designs
Durability of case
Keyboard feel.

These are items that you could tell if you could see one in a store or a friend had. I have chosen these systems and not a system from Sager, cyberpowerpc, etc because I have the option 12 to 18 month interest free financing.

Any insight or opinions would be appreciated.

are you dead set on one of those three laptops?

Heat will be an 'issue' on all of them. They all have high powered gpu's and cpu's which put out a lot of heat, so to some degree it'll run quite hot, so a good cooling pad would be recommended to go along with it. I haven't used that exact alienware laptop but I've used others and the keyboard seems to be a pretty standard one for them and I like the keys on it. It's a pretty low key so you don't have to press it to get contact. It's not amazing, but it's not laughable by any means.

design is a pretty opinionated matter, unless you're not talking about the design of the case. Most laptops are going to differ in design from where ports are to different macro key layouts and media buttons. It's the kind of thing that I feel you get used to rather than complaining about, unless they headphone ports are in the front along the latch. That gets really annoying really fast.

other than those items I can't say anything about the laptops because I haven't owned or used any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom