Average Temperature When Browsing ~ 30 C - 40 C
Average Temperature With Game Client ~ 50 C - 60 C

* This are short tests.

Do I Need A Notebook Cooler?

Do I Need To Remove The Laptop Battery?
People say:
- Removing the Battery Will Allow Dusk To Gather Inside
- Information About Lithium-ion Battery
- Heat Is The Enemy. Keep Your Battery & Notebook Within Normal Temperatures.
- There Is A Built-In Lifespan Of About 500 Discharges/Recharges. This Means That If You Unnecessarily Discharge & Recharge The Battery, You're Also Unnecessarily Shortening The Lifespan Of The Battery. Assuming 1 day, It's About A 1.5 Year. Note: That You Should Discharge If The Battery Meter Starts Getting Out Of Whack; A Dishcarge Should Recalibrate It.
- The Battery Will Stop Charging When It Hits 100%, There Is No Risk Of Early Death Leaving It In.
- You Can Read Up At Welcome to Battery University . There's A Lot Of Information, But The Salient Points Are Listed Above.

Should I Leave The Lid Open Because Lots Of Heat Disipates Through The Keyboard?

If you use AC power take out the battery. I leave my laptop on 24/7 and i use a cooler just to keep the temps down. I would suggest that as well.

I also dont close the lid cause i have the laptop set to go into low power standby.

I leave mine running 24/7. I use the battery as an UPS. I pull the plug one a month and let it drain down to about 8%. This helps keep the battery in condition. I use a utility that always keeps the fans running full blast. I have it set up so the screen shuts off after 10 minutes when the mouse isn't moved. It's been running great for 16 months now. I power down to clean the heatsinks every once it a while.

I fail to understand the logic behind buying a laptop and running it like a desktop. More expensive, harder to configure, and much more expensive to repair...

I fail to understand the logic behind buying a laptop and running it like a desktop. More expensive, harder to configure, and much more expensive to repair...

Laptops give people with mobility problems 24 hour access to a computer and to the Internet. It's not always feasible to use a desktop from a bed.

What's hard to configure on a laptop? Don't they come preconfigured?

Laptops give people with mobility problems 24 hour access to a computer and to the Internet. It's not always feasible to use a desktop from a bed.

What's hard to configure on a laptop? Don't they come preconfigured?

Things that come with the laptop come preconfigured. Adding new functionality to a laptop varies from annoyingly difficult to impossible.

Those temps are nothing lol...my laptop runs 70-80 gaming when it's on a cooling pad. You won't get desktop temperatures on a laptop, so if you're expecting 30-40 temps, get a desktop, laptops run hot. If you think it's too hot, get a cooling pad, but honestly, your temps are nothing.

As for the utility that runs the fan at 100%, what is it called and does it work with HP laptops, I've been looking for something like that forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom