Lap Top WiFi Problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2014, 06:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Lap Top WiFi Problem

I have Dell lap top Inspiron and i have 1 BIG problem with internet connection.My internet working fine i can surf normally but icon of internet showing:Not connected-Connections are available.I have try hard reset of router(Router is Huawei HG530),reinstall all drivers this s.... drive me insane because i cant solve it.Please someone hepl me:-(

propalismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Private Joker

Default Re: Lap Top WiFi Problem

So you can connect fine, surf the internet, etc.? If that's the case.. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Have you just tried restarting your computer a few times? I know I'll have an inaccurate wifi icon sometimes when I'm actually connected, and rebooting usually fixes it.

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
So you can connect fine, surf the internet, etc.? If that's the case.. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Have you just tried restarting your computer a few times? I know I'll have an inaccurate wifi icon sometimes when I'm actually connected, and rebooting usually fixes it.
I try with no results
Old 05-11-2014, 06:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Techie

Hi. Serveral possibilities.

Try deleting all the saved wireless networks in: Network and Sharing Center > Manage wireless networks. Delete all saved wireless networks one by one, then try re-connecting manually to your wireless network to see if the Wi-Fi icon shows true afterwards.

Do you have any VPN or virtualization software installed, such as VirtualBox?

Check in: Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings. In addition to your LAN/Ethernet and WLAN/Wireless network adapters, do you see any icons for virtual network adapters such as a VPN adapter or other? Try uninstalling all other network adapters apart from your LAN and WLAN.

Can you provide a screenshot of the Network adapters list in Device Manager?

|Gaming PC| |Dell Latitude E7250| |Macbook Air 13" (Mid 2013)|
|Windows 10 Pro (x64)| |Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.3 GHz| |MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X| |Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler| |Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-GAMING 5 mATX Motherboard| |Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD| |Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-SDRAM| |OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular PSU| |NZXT Vulcan Micro ATX Case|
Alvin.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin.C View Post
Hi. Serveral possibilities.

Try deleting all the saved wireless networks in: Network and Sharing Center > Manage wireless networks. Delete all saved wireless networks one by one, then try re-connecting manually to your wireless network to see if the Wi-Fi icon shows true afterwards.

Do you have any VPN or virtualization software installed, such as VirtualBox?

Check in: Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings. In addition to your LAN/Ethernet and WLAN/Wireless network adapters, do you see any icons for virtual network adapters such as a VPN adapter or other? Try uninstalling all other network adapters apart from your LAN and WLAN.

Can you provide a screenshot of the Network adapters list in Device Manager?
I try to delete all wireless network and add manually my network but problem stays

Old 05-12-2014, 02:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Techie

Okay.

In Device Manager, try disabling all other network adapters apart from the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 network adapter, and test again. Right-click and disable:

- Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
- Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)
- Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
- Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter #2
- Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

If not already, try downloading and installing the latest driver for your Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 adapter from the Intel website:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...+1030&lang=eng

Download and install the driver only 'Wireless_16.11.0_Ds32.exe' or '
Wireless_16.11.0_Ds64.exe' depending on whether you have Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit installed. Test again afterwards.

If your Windows Firewall is enabled, try disabling it temporarily, or restore the Windows Firewall to default settings, then test again afterwards. To do this, navigate to:
Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall (or System and Security > Windows Firewall) > Turn Windows Firewall on or off.

Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall (or System and Security > Windows Firewall) > Restore defaults.
If you have 3rd party security software installed with a built Firewall feature, disable this temporarily and test again.

Check your Start Menu All Programs list, and the Programs and Features list (Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features). If you have any third party Bluetooth software, Wi-Fi management software, or VPN software, uninstall these, and test again.

Check to see if Internet Connection Sharing is enabled for your LAN and WLAN network adapters, and if enabled, disable it, and test again:

Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings > Right-click the network adapter > Properties > Sharing tab > Uncheck 'Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection' and click OK.

|Windows 10 Pro (x64)| |Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.3 GHz| |MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X| |Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler| |Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-GAMING 5 mATX Motherboard| |Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD| |Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-SDRAM| |OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular PSU| |NZXT Vulcan Micro ATX Case|
Old 05-13-2014, 03:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Okay.

In Device Manager, try disabling all other network adapters apart from the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 network adapter, and test again. Right-click and disable:

- Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
- Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)
- Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
- Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter #2
- Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

If not already, try downloading and installing the latest driver for your Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 adapter from the Intel website:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...+1030&lang=eng

Download and install the driver only 'Wireless_16.11.0_Ds32.exe' or '
Wireless_16.11.0_Ds64.exe' depending on whether you have Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit installed. Test again afterwards.

If your Windows Firewall is enabled, try disabling it temporarily, or restore the Windows Firewall to default settings, then test again afterwards. To do this, navigate to:
Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall (or System and Security > Windows Firewall) > Turn Windows Firewall on or off.

Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall (or System and Security > Windows Firewall) > Restore defaults.
If you have 3rd party security software installed with a built Firewall feature, disable this temporarily and test again.

Check your Start Menu All Programs list, and the Programs and Features list (Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features). If you have any third party Bluetooth software, Wi-Fi management software, or VPN software, uninstall these, and test again.

Check to see if Internet Connection Sharing is enabled for your LAN and WLAN network adapters, and if enabled, disable it, and test again:

Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings > Right-click the network adapter > Properties > Sharing tab > Uncheck 'Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection' and click OK.
I try all problem stays!Only after i install Virtual Box this change:
Old 05-13-2014, 04:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by propalismo View Post
I try all problem stays!Only after i install Virtual Box this change:

Hi. Did you have Virtual Box installed from the beginning, or has it just been installed?

Old 05-13-2014, 05:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I heard from u and i install Virtual Box.But i dont know how to use it...

Poslato sa Samsung Galaxy S5 koristeci Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2014, 02:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by propalismo View Post
I heard from u and i install Virtual Box.But i dont know how to use it...

Poslato sa Samsung Galaxy S5 koristeci Tapatalk
Hi. Nah I asked if you had any virtualization software installed such as VirtualBox as virtual adapters created by Virtual Box are known to cause the same or similar issues - uninstall Virtual Box if you have installed it.

Quote:
...Do you have any VPN or virtualization software installed, such as VirtualBox?...