Labtop will only start in Safe mode / Network Adapter issue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itzabreeze

Beta member
My HP Dx6000 will only start in the Safe mode with networking start up option. I've tried:

Virus checks (doesn't appear to be a virus)
Windows Directory Services Restore Mode
System restore
MSCONFIG, unchecking everything
Last known good configuration
Tried CHKDSK.. it says system will check in 6 seconds but when the time runs out it never checks it.
Cannot get it to load "sfc scannow" either.

When I check out the device manager there are !! next to all of the microsoft adapters. Not sure if this is because I'm in Safe mode or if it's the problem why the normal mode isnt loading.

If I try to go into Microsoft adapter properties and try to roll back the driver the option is not clickable.

Any ideas ?

When you attempt to load normally what happens? Normally your network adapter will not be called a Microsoft Adapter it will be its normal name, example Netgear XXXX, etc

Just before this issue started happening did you install anything (including updates)?

You will notice that those devices wont have drivers for a specific reason. In Safe Mode only the needed set of drivers load to operate the system. Not all drivers load. Which is why in Safe Mode you see devices that have the ! next to them. Those drivers are not loaded. You need to get into normal mode for them to start up.

What Operating System is on the laptop?

...I use Windows Vista

When I attempt to load normally it either just goes into the black background or sometimes I can get it to where it wants me to input my password but it never loads up (curser just keeps going in circles).

Before the issues started I didn't install anything or did any updates. I had problems with the computer freezing which resulted in manual restarts which could have played a major factor in this.

Yes that most likely did. By manually restarting you could have caused file corruption easily with some essential Windows files. Including but not limited to those needed to do the chkdsk and scannow operations. Sadly at this point since nothing has worked including restore points you best option is going to be backing up your personal data and restoring the laptop to factory settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom