labtop oc'ing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApolloIV

In Runtime
I have a HP pavilion dv9000 with an intel c2d, and i was wondering if their would be any program that would allow me overclock it a bit. The bios is locked so i cant do it through there, i've heard ntune would work. Also I've read that since it's a c2d that you may be able to increase the values a good amount without increase voltage and still get a good increase in performance, is this true? Any suggestions to help with increasing performance on a laptop would be much appreciated.

Its a prebuilt machine, the bios is pretty much going to be locked down. This is why we usually discourage buying prebuilt machines as they dont allow you to overclock. ati tool might let you bump the video card a bit, but ntune only lets you adjust the motherboard if its an nvidia chipset.

on top of that even if you could oc i wouldn't because laptop's usually have bad airflow and can get hot so you might overheat something unless your really careful.

Well it looks like I'm not gonna even try to mess with it. The laptop runs smooth i was just curious. Thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom