KIDS! GRRRRRR

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
So, my son borrowed (so he could try to find it) my laptop to show me a web site that i asked him about. while he was doing his best not to drop it, at some point, his fingers ran across the "F" keys, and it messed with everything. after about 10 minutes, we got things back in working order. at least we thought so. since then, every time the laptop "wakes up" or starts from being powered down, the screen appears sideways 90 degrees from where it should be. i can straighten it back up by pressing the F10 key a couple of times. and as long as the laptop is active, its fine. but i have to go thru this every time i come back to the laptop. this is a Lenovo G50-30. i figure there is a fix, i just do not know what that is. does any one know what i have to do to return this to normal? do i NEED to get into the BIOS? since we did not get into it, i would not think i would have to. but this is bothering me bad enough to do it if i HAVE to.

Try pressing CTRL + ALT + UP arrow? If that rotates it back to normal, restart and see if it stays that way. If it doesn't we'll need to dig further

SOULphIRE, I did what you said, and its fixed! THANK YOU! i would have never thought to try that. one more to add to my "Computer Tricks" list.

Haha... we use to mess with the registers in the store when customer service wasn't paying attention. We would hit CTRL+ALT+Left Arrow and watch the hilarity ensue. Or better yet, the Down Arrow and really watch them struggle. Just for one customer, then we would fix it. It was funny, though.

Then they updated the registers and they won't take that command anymore... :(

so, i have a question for you guys. is there a book i can buy that will have all those kinds of things in it? or a website that lists different commands and what they do?

It really depends on the graphics control software you have installed on your computer as to which of these commands work and which don't, not a function of the OS.

Back
Top Bottom