Keyboard going haywire?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

denysy1

Baseband Member
Lately my laptop keyboard has been going haywire. When I boot up it works for a few minutes, but then it starts acting as though all the keys are being constantly pressed at random and my computer goes crazy.

Any ideas how I could fix this or what the issue might be?

One thing, if its a laptop keyboard, he will have to disconnect it entirely from the motherboard if it's acting as if they keys are all being pressed at once, other wise, an external won't help what so ever.

One thing, if its a laptop keyboard, he will have to disconnect it entirely from the motherboard if it's acting as if they keys are all being pressed at once, other wise, an external won't help what so ever.

Is there a way to just disable the bad keyboard via BIOS or something?

There should be a guide online how to do that for his model.

My laptop is a Compal HEL-80. The model has been discontinued for a while, and its next to impossible to find any supporting documentation for it. Removing the keyboard is easy enough though, I was just hoping that someone has seen this sort of thing happen before, and that maybe it could be fixed by just cleaning the keyboard.

I think the receptors are bad, worn, not that the keyboard is dirty. You can just disconnect the keyboard from the motherboard, and use an external keyboard.

I'd highly recommend the Logitech K250 :) (using it as we speak)

Well, you can disable it in windows, via device manager, and just use an external, if you look on the back of it, grab the part number, usualy P/N: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and check around ebay, someone should have a replacement, just look at the picture and make sure they match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom