keep getting blue screen error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, they key is in the word "safe" - you'll be fine ;)

Probberly the eaisiest way for you is to stop the computer starting successfully.
Once it starts to load windows hard power off, power up again and you should be confronted with a screen that looks a bit like this one...

68224pick-safe-mode.gif

Hit safe mode and see if you can get into windows.
Then head on over to windows restore and click a date before all this went wrong.

Let me know if you're unsure ;)

Cheers,

~ Tkey

Bug Check 0xC000021A: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED

Resolving the Problem

Running the kernel debugger is not useful in this situation because the actual error occurred in a user-mode process.

Resolving an error in a user-mode device driver, system service, or third-party application: Because bug check 0xC000021A occurs in a user-mode process, the most common culprits are third-party applications. If the error occurred after the installation of a new or updated device driver, system service, or third-party application, the new software should be removed or disabled. Contact the manufacturer of the software about a possible update.

If the error occurs during system startup, restart your computer, and press F8 at the character-based menu that displays the operating system choices. At the resulting Windows Advanced Options menu, choose the Last Known Good Configuration option. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time. If this does not resolve the error, try manually removing the offending software. If the system partition is formatted with file allocation table (FAT), use an MS-DOS startup disk to gain access to the computer's hard disk. If the system partition is formatted with NTFS file system, you might be able to use Safe Mode to rename or delete the faulty software. If the faulty software is used as part of the system startup process in Safe Mode, you need to start the computer using the Recovery Console in order to access the file. If a newly installed piece if hardware is suspected, remove it to see if this resolves the issue.

Try running the Emergency Recovery Disk (ERD) and allow the system to repair any errors that it detects.

Ah, they key is in the word "safe" - you'll be fine ;)

Probberly the eaisiest way for you is to stop the computer starting successfully.
Once it starts to load windows hard power off, power up again and you should be confronted with a screen that looks a bit like this one...

68224pick-safe-mode.gif

Hit safe mode and see if you can get into windows.
Then head on over to windows restore and click a date before all this went wrong.

Let me know if you're unsure ;)

Cheers,

~ Tkey

You do know you can just push f5 on boot and it goes to that menu automatically ;)

I do indeed, however i'm not sure he would know exactly when to press f5 ;)

Cheers,

~ Tkey

Does it matter I just keep pressing it from startup until something happens never failed for me :) Its also a rather good backdoor to laptops that are 4+ years old as the hidden admin accounts often doesn't have passwords so you can go in and add a new admin user account in safe mode then restart and log in the new account and use the computer. I assume its the same for desktops but never tried it I must of done it on 40+ laptops got to love boarding school always a laptop to hand :)

Meh we'll give it up, and yeah, the retail loaded OS's arn't usually loaded with an admin password ;)

Tkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom