Java.exe Eating my processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ111

Beta member
Hi guys

I have a problem wich im hoping you can help me with its rly driving me nuts

I play a java based game alot!

I have been playing it on my mothers laptop as mine was broken i have recently repaired my laptop and started playing it on my own

the problem is that when i was on my mothers it played fine no problems atall
on mine however java.exe processor useage is bouncing in between 80% and 100% and the game is chopping like crazy

its extremely anoying as my laptop is the more powerfull of the 2, now im no genius but i know my way round a computer and google, i cant even diagnose the problem let alone fix it

ok first off my laptop is running windows xp pro on a fresh install just done it yesterday and all of the latest drivers for my hardware its specs are as follows
Dell inspiron 1100
Windows xp pro sp2
pentium 4 2.2 gig processor
2 gig of ram
20 gig hdd

my mothers is a fujitsu siemens lifebook T series
windows xp pro tablet pc edition 2005 sp3
1.4 gig pentium (4 i think)
2 gig of ram
30 gig hdd

both are updated to the latest version of java from sun java
i have made sure that i have no other process's running whilst java is running except for firefox and swiftkit wich is the client i use for the game but they barely touch my processor running at like 5 to 10 percent even when java isent running

the only thing that i could think of is that my laptop isent running my processor at its correct speed but the bios that my laptop has Dells version A32 doesent even tell me what speed its running at let alone give me the ability to change it and this is the latest bios version for my latop.

i am possavtive i dont have any virus's or spyware, first off as its a fresh install on a formatted drive (ntfs btw) and ive also scanned for both using kaspersky and defender

I really would apreceate any help anyone can give me the game im playing is called runescape if that helps and im playing it in its lowest possible detail level even tho my laptop meets its max spec requirments and then some...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom