Introduction and interested in purchasing new laptop

cam275

Beta member
Hi everyone, my name is Caleb and I am almost 21 years old. I am a University student (UT @ Austin, Texas) but I have never been big or knowledgeable on computer hardware/software. My current laptop is a Dell Inspiron as of 2012 to now.

I want to upgrade from my current laptop to a laptop that is more powerful and is gaming-orientated in terms of performance. I do not care much for the weight or physical aspect of the laptop and my price range is approximately $500 to $1,000 (USD for any non-U.S. people).

I have done some research in the type of hardware I would like, as listed below;

• A 64-bit operating system allowing games/simulators to use 1.5 to 2 GB of RAM.
• CPU: recent Quad-core processor (Intel) or recent Eight-core processor (AMD)
• RAM: 8GB DDR3
• GPU: GTX 670 or Radeon HD 7950 or better (>1GB Video RAM)
Windows 7/8

I will answer any questions or concerns regarding my inquiry and I hope y'all have a good day! This is my very first post and my first time on this forum so I may be slow to respond by navigating or seeing how I get notifications. Thank you for any help and please let me know how to make the best purchase in terms of my budget and my performance needs.

Back
Top Bottom