intermittent loss of internet connection

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
over the last few weeks, my laptop has slowly increased the frequency of this problem. it started out randomly, maybe a couple times a week. it has progressed now to the point that i am losing the connection a couple of times in an hour. none of the other computers are experiencing this problem (both laptops and desktops), and when this happens, the first thing i do is check to see if the modem or router have lost connection. is there a setting in windows 10 that may have gotten switched? is there a way to check the wi fi card in my machine (without replacing it)? my laptop is only about 12 feet from the router, and when it is working i get the highest possible connection signal, so i do not think that is an issue. this is really starting to be annoying.

Easiest thing to do would be to make sure wifi drivers are up to date from the wifi card manufacturer's website.

well, the wifi driver was up to date. but there were several others in device manager that were not. i updated everything that was not current. which was 5 or 6 things. i have not had a lot of time to sit on the computer since, so i will post back later.

Back
Top Bottom