Intel speed step and intel VT off or on

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam4st

Solid State Member
i turned speed step off on my alienware m17x r3 and it feels alot like clocks are higher but internet got hella slow,lagy
example: slow page loading!

when i turn speed step back on it still stays slow
can you help me

specs
i7 2720m
hd 6990
wireless kiler n1103
6 gb of ram

tell me everything you know

Speedsteping and VT have no connection thethe internet.

VT is for virtual machines and speedstepping iks power savings feature that downclocks to save power.

Is it all pages? have you tried testing your speed? it could just be a bad page.

I have too just purchases an Alienware M17xR3 and I am too concerned about the Intel Speedtest. I came about this because my owners manual that came with my laptop says this "Intel SpeedStep
Allows you to enable or disable the Intel SpeedStep technology. Disabling this feature may improve performance, but will greatly reduce battery life." I looked around google and came about this thread. My specs are this:
i7 2720QM
hd 6970
wireless killer n1103
14gb Ram 1333mhz

Although I did mess with my bios and overclocked the processor to 3.09GHZ I know this because I have downloaded Intel Turbo Boost monitor 2.0
I want to know upgrade my hard drive to a ssd but I dont know what to buy or how to make the swap. I want to know if turning Speedstep off will make my laptop better or damage it in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom