intel 2310m not running as fast as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

porgorg

Baseband Member
I'm running an Intel i3 2310m and I don't think it's going as quickly as it could be.
It got me wondering after the WIE [Windows Index Experence] rated the processor at 4.9 while Googling reported that people were getting 6.4. [running Win7 x64]

Running CPUID gave me this:
1ys360.png

The clock speed looks a bit slow to me, it should be 2100MHz I would've thought.
I've updated to the latest chipset drivers 9.2.0.1030 but WIE is still the same.

What could I be missing?

It's WEI. ;) Don't follow it, though. It totally doesn't mean you have a crappier computer by a lower score.

Do you have something like an equivalent to AMD's Cool N Quiet, that speeds up the CPU when in need? I think that is what's happening. Saving battery life.

No, I don't have anything like a power saver. It's on the Balanced power scheme.
It's just weird because others with exactly the same laptop are getting those higher scores. I understand that the scores aren't exactly something to put any faith in but it made me wonder seeing as the core clock is so slow too.

After screwing my system up by installing the wrong chipset update, discovering system restore failed and having to start from scratch. WEI reported what I expected but CPUID was still displaying the same settings. I'm thinking now this is some sort of resource saver. I may be just used to seeing older CPUs showing a constant state of 2400MHz rather than this ones alternating state.

Thanks for your help anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom