Inspiron 1525 no power just dell media direct????

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPierce

Baseband Member
Very frustrated with this issue. Working on a laptop that came in for a regular virus removal. The power button initially worked fine. I happened to shut it off and then tried powering the laptop back on...... The dell media direct button will boot up to the media center and thats it...... If i hold in the power button hit the dell media direct hold that in and then hold in the power button it magically changes from the dell media direct to the (if you were to hit F8 at the win splash screen) place where u can get into safe mode.
Please help!! This problem is very frustrating:) Thank you!

Never mind, pretty sure I have the problem pinpointed. Looks like I'm going to need a new circuit board that has the power, media center and LED's. When i took the board off and grounded out the ribbon it would turn on fine. Found this Dell 1525 LED Power Button Board + Ribbon 48.4W004.011 for 8 bucks including shipping. I would like to hear some opinions if anyone feels like giving one though! I'm pretty positive that this is the fix i was looking for.

I'm pretty sure my brother had this same problem with his same 1525. I can't remember how he resolved it though... I do know he didn't have to replace any parts. It may have been one of those weird system glitches that goes away after a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom