Impossible to remove Vista for XP on sony Vaio

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSte

Beta member
Hi

So i've been reading forum posts all over on the issue of getting rid of Vista on my Sony Vaio VGN NS laptop, and now think im doomed to keep vista forever. Maybe I sinned in a past life and Vista is my punishment.

I have a Sony Vaio VGN NS laptop with Vista pre-installed. If I run my XP disk at boot up I get the blue screen of death, where it says It must shut down to prevent hardware problems. This is due to the SATA drivers missing on XP. I've tried a slipstreamed XP version with the SATA drivers installed but it still does not work.

Other post put me on to changing a setting about SATA in the bios, but guess what? My Stupid sony laptop has no options in the bios, I cant believe it, you can change the clock, date, boot passwords and that's it. I've never seen a bios with so little commands in my life.

So Sony obviously did this on purpose, without being able to change the bios I cant get XP on the machine.

Bugger.

:(

Have you tried talking to Sony directly? they might have a CD or D/L site you can get them from by now, since just about every company is going back to XP (with a fee of course, but non-the-less) installed.

Vista is a great OS there is a lot of crap floating around about it, XP runs, looks, an acts like a dog after a full frontal lobotomy performed by a retard an a spoon.

It's the file transfer speeds in vista that I cant live with. It crawls. The most basic thing for a OS to do and it's rubbish at it, and i've got SP1 and optimised the computer to max file copy speeds and it still sucks.

XP is just much faster - but XP Vs Vista is another issue, I want it off and it's my computer, but im not allowed. Fustrates me.

Nukem - I might try Sony, but I dont they'll be any use considering it's their limited Bios setting that are the obsticle - must have been done on purpose to stop Vista being removed. Why have limited bios!!? It's my machine, let me do what I want with it.!!

I'm not sure it's JUST the bios that's stopping it... I would think they have a work around. I would give them a shot and try... what are they going to say? "No, it's can't be done."? No harm in trying... Whoever makes your hard drive might also have a generic driver that you might be able to use if you have a portable floppy drive as well.

The file transfer speeds are fine for me, what CPU is the lappy running?

And welcome back Nuke :)

Sony eSupport - Electronics

Go there and get to your model's page (it'll be your specific model # which you have not provided) and see if there's any FAQ or other information. There's likely something there about how to get to the other BIOS options.

laptops normally use a slower 5400rpm and less ram plus powersaving cpu's all these factors are probably inhibitting your transfer speeds and if its over network transfer use filezilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom