Iffy about a Compaq Presario laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's not a bad price. My cousin has one but the celeron m model with smaller hd and memory. Only bad thing about his is that is came with vista and 512mb ram.
I say go for it! Just add more memory. The dual core cpu will make a difference too.
Good luck

Hello,

HP / Compaq notebooks are excellent. Good quality and you get a good warranty repair programme too.

That seems fine for the money. Compaq is a good brand, too. Probably the best "value" brand around and HP has a decent warranty program. You can actually bring it into a Circuit City within the first year for free repairs so you won't have to call India if something breaks.

i wouldnt buy from ecost. it has a bad rep within the online shopping crowd. although, if you are feeling risky, there are those who have had good experiences.

EDIT: btw, it is a refurbished model too.

Didn't notice it was a refurb. I can't recommend refurbed computers, it just seems to risky to me. You're getting it because somebody else had problems with it and returned it. Better off spending a little more and buying new.

Something like this is going to be better anyways. Good computer, good price.
Buy the Compaq Presario 15.4" Widescreen Notebook PC (F572US) and other Notebook Computers at circuitcity.com

If the refurb unit includes a 1yr warranty, I say buy it. If not, forget about it.

edit: That thing has 90warranty. Heck no! Buy new.

Try a new Presario:

Office Depot Advertised Specials

$449.99

Compaq, along with Dell, Gateway, Apple, HP, IBM, Sony, Sharp, Toshiba, etc... etc..., relies on a company called Quanta to build many of their notebooks now.

Newer Compaq Presario's are identical (under the hood so-to-speak) to their more entertainment oriented HP Pavilion bigger brothers. The only difference is finish and quickplay. I think this model has imprint finish (which is very durable unlike most laptops now which are painted). Compaq's are also not equipped with dedicated graphics, but the 6150 graphics in that model aren't bad for casual gaming.

Go in and see if they have a display model. I think you will be impressed, considering the low price and features.

Dell Vostro 1500: Specifications include the Intel Core 2 Duo T5470 dual-core processor, 15.4" WXGA TrueLife LCD display, 1GB DDR2 dual-channel memory, 120GB Serial ATA hard drive, DVD+/-RW DL burner, nVidia GeForce 8400M GS graphics, 802.11b/g wireless, LAN, modem, six-cell lithium-ion battery, your choice of Windows XP Home or Windows Vista Home Basic, Microsoft Works 8.5, one-year warranty, and more.
$599

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom