IBM Laptop Model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
Okay I have been searching google, yahoo, live, and I have not retrieved any info on what i want. I am getting a couple IBM laptops that are 4-10 years old. I can't seem to find the models built in the time line. I want to know average hdd size, average memory and memory type, and the optical drive type and what type of connector the optical drive and hdd are (ide probably?). And i would like to know if they all came with mini pci so i can add internal wireless. Any help or a link to a ibm model time line would be great. my searches have just led me to wiki and it is helpful but not that helpful.

Thank You

Have you searched for Lenovo models from that time period? They are the manufacturer of pretty much every IBM branded laptop made.

I cant remember exactly but they are IBM Thinkpad Xxxx i dont know the last 2 -3 digits of the model numbers thats why i was looking for a time line.

HAve you tried things like Everest, Belarc Advisor and SiSoftware Sandra?

having a hard time finding a list of model numbers. all i got is the wiki timeline that doesnt really help all that much since its not really in order..

i know a couple are part of the 600 series but i cant find info on that particular series.

:s You don' have enough info period I just checked on the lenovo website there are three variants of the 600 series; 600, 600E, 600X and each one then has two subcategories, which then split into about 20, so thats around 240 different models. Isn't surprising as the series ran from 1996-x and technology changes alot. Ever since about 2003 laptops have been made to order so custom parts were possible from many companies eliminating the view of a model number = these specifications. Either spend all day looking through each model on the Lenovo support website and adding the data to a spread sheet to get an average or give up. You can get a date of the release of the model by looking for the user manuals sometimes the year is in the front title normally its with the date of publication at the front few pages or the back few. Have fun :D

i have aquired two model numbers. 750c and 365x they are both to old for my project im looking into other laptops. how much does a used t40 or t30 run? i found a couple that said make an offer. my ebay research has led me to to around 100-150 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom