IBM G40 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Question IBM G40

I have an IBM G40 laptop that I recently fished out of a pile of crap.

Didn't much work for IDE or anything, but it did boot off of disks pretty well, so I kept it as my Nubuntu live disk CD machine for when I have my SHOUTcast show going. Gotta keep them DDoS'ers out X3

Now.... Now it does nothing. I can't boot into CD at all now. Goes straight to BIOS after someone in my house decided to rip my stuff all to hell. I came into my room finding stuff all over the floor. Don't think the government has any issues with me, nor cops for that matter >.>

I picked everything up and found the CMOS battery and housing ripped out. ****.

So I booted all my scattered computers up and made sure they all worked, which happily they did. But now the G40, again, just stays in BIOS, telling me to change the clock settings back to normal.

MAIN QUESTION BEING Should I just parts this thing or try booting off of USB disk into HirensBootCD 15.0?

Really I have no preference if I trash it, but it looks like a good idea. I get a 2.00 ghz processor and ram for my HP compaq NC6000 that doesn't work either That's another thread though.
Closed Thread