I want to play my bought and downloaded movies on my TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiderSense

Beta member
I'm trying to figure out a way to use my Expresscard 54 slot to hook my computer up to my TV. Does anyone know of a card you can use to do that? I've seen cards that you can use in the expresscard 54 slot to make other card slots like SATA II for example, so maybe there is a combination of cards/adapters you can use.

There are plenty of TV tuner cards out there. If your TV has video inputs, I'd suggest finding a card that outputs video for the best quality. You didn't say whether you needed PAL or NTSC output.

There are plenty of TV tuner cards out there. If your TV has video inputs, I'd suggest finding a card that outputs video for the best quality. You didn't say whether you needed PAL or NTSC output.

To add to this if you're planing on buying a new tv.. alot of new HDTV's have vga ports right in the back

I have an ExpressCard HP HDTV tuner card that gets HDTV from cable, digital cable, or antenna. Since we have Dish Network, I'm only able to pick up a few channels with the antenna, but I got it to input from game consoles anyways.

However, I don't think you are looking for a tuner. You're wanting to watch PC on the TV, not TV on the PC, right? If that's the case, make sure your laptop doesn't already have TV-out capability (many do). Modern laptops often have an S-video connector that has 3 extra pins to support composite (yellow plug), S-video, and component (RGB) outputs from one port. Most laptops also have a VGA output to hook up a computer monitor. Some laptops also have an HDMI or DVI port (my new dv9700t has HDMI, VGA, and 7 pin S-video, HDMI can also be used as DVI using a special adapter cable).

Most new HDTV's have HDMI, VGA, and Component inputs that support HD resolutions. Remember that HDMI ports on your TV can also be used with DVI ports on your PC using a special cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom