I think my laptop is fried

Omoplata

Golden Master
It's super old, but has been working pretty reliably. When I tried to turn it on this morning I got a message saying that Windows was having a problem with a device connected to my computer. It tells me to unplug the storage device. Seems like the HD. I tried dismounting it and plugging it back in, but it gives the same message. Won't boot to safe mode or diagnostic mode. If I try to do anything it just starts to boot and says "Windows is loading files", gets to about 25% and brings up the same error message.

Am I screwed?

Do you have a Windows disc that you can boot off of at all?

May be worth trying to run a chkdsk if you do.

Should be able to boot off of it, and select "Repair" option, and then open up the Command Prompt option. Then type in:

chkdsk C: /f /r

Do you have a Windows disc that you can boot off of at all?

May be worth trying to run a chkdsk if you do.

Should be able to boot off of it, and select "Repair" option, and then open up the Command Prompt option. Then type in:

chkdsk C: /f /r

Hmmm...not sure to be honest. I'll take a look and report back in a few.

HDD is most likely on the way out...are there any important files that you need to recover off of it?

HDD is most likely on the way out...are there any important files that you need to recover off of it?

I backed it up awhile back. Mainly just pics from the camera and phone. I would like to be able to get on again to do a quick backup if I could. Not sure what to do about it though.

Back
Top Bottom