I need some buying advice, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_Triple-7

Beta member
I'm looking for a laptop for uni and have no idea where to start looking because I'm hearing a lot of bad press on certain brands and am getting annoyed at finding laptops with some of what I want and some specs that are utter crap.

I'm an IT student and will be studying Computer Science, am a general computer user but will have programming demands and will be partitioning my drive too.

So, what I'm looking for is a loptop with:
- 500+ HDD running at 7200
- 4-8GB RAM
- quad-core, latest i7 if possible
- motherboard with 6-8MB cache running at no less than 2.2
- high-spec graphics card with 1GB cache
- windows 7
- A battery that doesn't go flat in less than 3 hours

All that with a price tag of no more than £1500...less is obviously preferable... Does such a thing exist? >.>'

Any and all help in finding something like this is appreciated, thanks in advanced ^_~

That really sucks -.-
I despise slow computers and have no income.

Thanks for the info ^_^ any idea what price range I am looking at here? Without mentioning the word Alienware...because I'm really not up for paying £3300 for their top-spec -.-'

Hey, are you sure you want windows 7?
Because personally I think that a MacBook or MacBook Air is much easier, nicer and better for doing work. Windows 7 isn't as good as any Mac OS so I would recommend getting a Mac especially as your budget would allow. Mac has the latest MS Office and iWork is even better than that. The battery on MacBook Air is especially good, both have loads of RAM ect... also Boot Camp is a great and easy way to partition your drive. So you if you have a windows install disk or .iso you can have that aswell. Loads of people diss the graphics on a Mac but Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 proves that wrong. You should at least consider it.

Hey, are you sure you want windows 7?
Because personally I think that a MacBook or MacBook Air is much easier, nicer and better for doing work. Windows 7 isn't as good as any Mac OS so I would recommend getting a Mac especially as your budget would allow. Mac has the latest MS Office and iWork is even better than that. The battery on MacBook Air is especially good, both have loads of RAM ect... also Boot Camp is a great and easy way to partition your drive. So you if you have a windows install disk or .iso you can have that aswell. Loads of people diss the graphics on a Mac but Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 proves that wrong. You should at least consider it.

What are the specs of the best macbook his budget would allow? My bet is that they would not be as good as an equivalently priced windows laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom