I need a new laptop - here is what I'm looking at:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aro2220

Solid State Member
Hi!

My Asus z9000 laptop (which I bought 4 years ago) has finally melted! One day the battery suddenly stopped holding a charge. The next day the power cord connection started being fickle in that it powers the laptop for a while then cuts out (and since my battery won't hold a charge that means it shuts off).

Double whammy!

So, I think it's time to look for a replacement since I can't find parts for this laptop. And, who knows, maybe the main board is the problem.

OK :eek:

I am looking for a laptop that has a bit of power to it. I need portability, but only in the sense that I can move the thing around which is any laptop. A long battery life is a plus but, I generally plug in my laptop when I'm at home or at school so, it's not a huge concern.

I do some light gaming, and as such I like having a graphics card of some kind. I was using this laptop vga chart to determine which laptops had better video cards than others.

Also, the general consensus on the internet is that this T8100 intel core 2 duo processor is decent.

I'm not too familiar with the durability of Acer, their noise level, or their running temperature and susceptibility to overheating but, I have noticed their cases are a little bulkier than most. Nevertheless, 6.6 pounds is only .1 pound heavier than my Z9000 and I can handle that.

Here's the laptop listing at the store I am considering purchasing it from
Here's more information on it

Any insight will be helpful! $1250 is the final price after tax and that's the limit of my budget. I can't afford to make a mistake!

acer-5920-6574.jpg

Hello,

About your Asus z9000 laptop laptop, does it work fine if you remove the battery and turn it on with just the power adapter plugged in?

If it does, then all that's required is a new battery.

i actually really like acer's, some things annoy me about them but just cause most of the time when i see them their broken and coming into the shop for repair. but thats a pretty good setup, and if its a price you're willing to pay then go ahead and get it, although i would say shop around a bit more first, try and customize some, also huge thing with laptops, go to your local best buy/circuit city and try a coupe different models out just to get a feel for the keys and the look of the thing. that will give you a good idea if you will like to carry it around and use it a lot.

hey dude,i just got that same laptop.it's awesome,so get.
and if you go online a check out some of the reviews for it you'll see a couple that say that the acer 5920 has big problems but mines perfectly awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom