I didn't intend to spend cash today but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kharn

Lord Techie,
I didn't intend to spend cash today but this is what happened.

This afternoon me and my dad where in currys (A electronics shop for non Brits) and as always while my dad was talking to the sales man I wandered over to the computers to see what they are charging to much for. Anyways I looked at the end of the row of laptops and I saw a laptop that was on offer because it's ex display and was missing it's battery. I ask a rather attractive sails girl over to come and tell me more about it i,e what happened to the battery ect, long story short it was stolen from the laptop that is why it's going so cheep and because it was scratched (a few little ones) it was going cheep.

I asked how much it was going for expecting to hear something around the £300 mark, well imagen my surprise when she told me £75! well a good deal like that can't be passed up I thought. I said I will take it and asked where the nearest cash machine is, and went to get my cash.

I come back the the shop she was standing there behind the customer service desk with the manager, he told me that because it had no battery and had no wireless card he would give me one for free I just had to go pick one so I did (I got the belkin USB one) come back and paid for it. Also with the name and phone number of the company I have to call to get my battery.

So that is the story of the £75 laptop.

The specs ain't that great but well worth it I think.

Intel Celeron m 360 @ 1.4GHz
256mb DDR ram
40 gb hard drive
DVD-RW drive

As I said not great but well worth the cash.

Wow, good find Chris, Why cant I find stuff like this? Its perfect for typing up documents and browsing the web.

that sounds just less of what I have now lol 4 years old mind but it cost £1,400 when I bought it.... and my acer can take a beating trust me it might not be fast but my god is it resilient truly I have pushed it to the limits and further without issue. The ram you may want to upgrade though :D

£75=~$150usd? Sounds like a steal to me even if the specs aren't so great. I would've bought it in a second. Good find :)

OK I have had my laptop for a few day's now and I am really impressed with it for the price I paid for it. I can run some older games on it Red alert 2, Fallout 1/2 an Fallout Tactics. I am doing some cysco systems training courses while I am at work so I am happy with it.

The only downside to it is the battery because it is missing I tied down to within 10 feet of a power socket. And when in is on my lap there is a huge gaping hole that makes it not sit right, also the hole where the battery should be pumps hot air onto my lap.

Still great buy and I am extreamly happy with it :)
Oh and the battery will be being ordered asap.

That's pretty cool....great find!! I need to find a deal like that. Just recently I downloaded a snes emulator to play some oldies and my wife got addicted and has been hogging the comp at home. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom