I can install anything but vista, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybersspot.com

Baseband Member
I have a compaq c-500. The COA on the laptop is vista. I install vista and I get 1" text saying unexpected error in installation, can not continue. However I can install XP Home, Pro and Windows 7 no problem.

1st thing, your install disk, get another one. I'm burning it from the same iso I use any other time and I used that same disk on another laptop.

2nd DVD drive. I changed the DVD drive and had the same issue.

3rd Changed the memory. Done

4th and in my opinion, most plausible when we got the laptop in, the screen was messed up. we put in a screen from a Toshiba laptop. The screen is working fine with xp & 7 and the install of vista, does vista automatically do the driver for what should be in the laptop?

Stumped beyond belief,
Cyber's Spot

Have you upgraded yoru BIOS? To answer your question, if the ISO is for the Compaq Vista OEM, then yes it does automatically have a driver set for that specific unit. Having a different monitor would cause issues. It sounds like your using a Retail version of XP and Win7 while trying to use the OEM version of Vista. This will cause you problems.

I'm thinking your right. I don't have the other identical compaq to swap original screens, but for the moment, I can try a retail version of vista. Thanks for the input.

BTW I did upgrade the bios, that was the fourth thing I did
bang-head-here.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom