I am looking for a light-weight and portable notebook for uni - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 10:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default Re: I am looking for a light-weight and portable notebook for uni

Hello,

I wouldn't go for a Dell Vostro or a Dell XPS.

Dell has recently launched a new line of Latitude E series notebooks (aimed at the business class, but also very appropriate for students) which are lightweight, sleek have superior battery life - for example, a review for the Latitude E6400 showed that battery life with a standard 6-cell battery was more than 6 hours, and the E6400 is a 14.1" notebook in the mainstream range. The E4300 (13.") and E4200 (12.1") are in the ultra-portable range, and you can be sure to expect more than 6 hours battery life.

Most models come with an LED backlit display and an adjustable backlit keyboard. You'll find models with 15.4", 14.1", 13.3" and 12.1" size displays.

Here are some informative videos about the new Dell Latitude E series notebooks. The webcast in particular gives you a lot of useful information such as battery life, which I'm sure you'll find very appealing: Dell Latitude Webcast .

|Gaming PC| |Dell Latitude E7250| |Macbook Air 13" (Mid 2013)|
|Windows 10 Pro (x64)| |Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.3 GHz| |MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X| |Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler| |Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-GAMING 5 mATX Motherboard| |Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD| |Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-SDRAM| |OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular PSU| |NZXT Vulcan Micro ATX Case|
Old 09-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin.C View Post
Hello,

I wouldn't go for a Dell Vostro or a Dell XPS.

Dell has recently launched a new line of Latitude E series notebooks (aimed at the business class, but also very appropriate for students) which are lightweight, sleek have superior battery life - for example, a review for the Latitude E6400 showed that battery life with a standard 6-cell battery was more than 6 hours, and the E6400 is a 14.1" notebook in the mainstream range. The E4300 (13.") and E4200 (12.1") are in the ultra-portable range, and you can be sure to expect more than 6 hours battery life.

Most models come with an LED backlit display and an adjustable backlit keyboard. You'll find models with 15.4", 14.1", 13.3" and 12.1" size displays.

Here are some informative videos about the new Dell Latitude E series notebooks. The webcast in particular gives you a lot of useful information such as battery life, which I'm sure you'll find very appealing: Dell Latitude Webcast .
The 12" one seem to be what I am looking for. I wonder when will it come onto market. =D

Old 09-03-2008, 10:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLiCatLet View Post
The 12" one seem to be what I am looking for. I wonder when will it come onto market. =D
Same. I'm planning on replacing my notebook with the Dell Latitude E4300. My current notebook is a bit heavy to carry around campus. Still waiting for the price, no news so far.

The Dell Latitude E4300 and E4200 are yet to be released on both UK and US Dell websites, but as of today, the UK Dell website has added the E4300 and E4200 to the main product line-up, replacing the older models. I'm feeling that the release is very close.

|Gaming PC| |Dell Latitude E7250| |Macbook Air 13" (Mid 2013)|
|Windows 10 Pro (x64)| |Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.3 GHz| |MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X| |Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler| |Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-GAMING 5 mATX Motherboard| |Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD| |Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-SDRAM| |OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular PSU| |NZXT Vulcan Micro ATX Case|
Old 09-04-2008, 08:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Techie

You said you wanted light and durable, the latest ASUS EEE is shock resistant, has a 40GB solid state hard drive, light, and has a 10-inch screen. I use it all the time with confident as it is built tough. Only downfall is that it doesn't have a built-in CDROm but you can always get a USB one.

Amazon.com: ASUS Eee PC 1000 40G (10-inch Display, 1.6 GHz Intel ATOM Processor, 1 GB RAM, 40 GB Solid State Drive, Linux, 6 Cell Battery) Fine Ebony: Electronics

Closed Thread