I am looking for a light-weight and portable notebook for uni

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I wouldn't go for a Dell Vostro or a Dell XPS.

Dell has recently launched a new line of Latitude E series notebooks (aimed at the business class, but also very appropriate for students) which are lightweight, sleek have superior battery life - for example, a review for the Latitude E6400 showed that battery life with a standard 6-cell battery was more than 6 hours, and the E6400 is a 14.1" notebook in the mainstream range. The E4300 (13.") and E4200 (12.1") are in the ultra-portable range, and you can be sure to expect more than 6 hours battery life.

Most models come with an LED backlit display and an adjustable backlit keyboard. You'll find models with 15.4", 14.1", 13.3" and 12.1" size displays.

Here are some informative videos about the new Dell Latitude E series notebooks. The webcast in particular gives you a lot of useful information such as battery life, which I'm sure you'll find very appealing: Dell Latitude Webcast .

Hello,

I wouldn't go for a Dell Vostro or a Dell XPS.

Dell has recently launched a new line of Latitude E series notebooks (aimed at the business class, but also very appropriate for students) which are lightweight, sleek have superior battery life - for example, a review for the Latitude E6400 showed that battery life with a standard 6-cell battery was more than 6 hours, and the E6400 is a 14.1" notebook in the mainstream range. The E4300 (13.") and E4200 (12.1") are in the ultra-portable range, and you can be sure to expect more than 6 hours battery life.

Most models come with an LED backlit display and an adjustable backlit keyboard. You'll find models with 15.4", 14.1", 13.3" and 12.1" size displays.

Here are some informative videos about the new Dell Latitude E series notebooks. The webcast in particular gives you a lot of useful information such as battery life, which I'm sure you'll find very appealing: Dell Latitude Webcast .

The 12" one seem to be what I am looking for. I wonder when will it come onto market. =D

The 12" one seem to be what I am looking for. I wonder when will it come onto market. =D

Same. I'm planning on replacing my notebook with the Dell Latitude E4300. My current notebook is a bit heavy to carry around campus. Still waiting for the price, no news so far.

The Dell Latitude E4300 and E4200 are yet to be released on both UK and US Dell websites, but as of today, the UK Dell website has added the E4300 and E4200 to the main product line-up, replacing the older models. I'm feeling that the release is very close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom